Despite young age, Harpa has already received numerous awards, both for its architecture and as a concert and conference centre.
These include the highly respected Mies van der Rohe -European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture Award, which Harpa won in 2013. Harpa was chosen as one of the best concert houses of the new millenium by Gramophone Magazine 2010 and the best concert and conference centre 2011 by the Travel&Leisure magazine.
Most recently Harpa was an unbeatable choice by the jury for the USITT Architecture Award 2018 rewarding Harpa and the main hall Eldborg for acoustic, living up to its role as a world-class concert hall, with state-of-the-art acoustic technology and a unique setting, providing the audience with an unforgettable experience on numerous levels.
- USITT Architecture Award 2018
- Best Meeting & Conference Centre in Europe 2016 – Business Destinations
- Local Favorite Award 2016 – The Culture Trip
- The Mies van der Rohe Award 2013
- Best MICE Centre in Northern Europe 2012
- Best public space 2012 – Arkitekturmassan Awards
- Civic Trust Award in Edinburgh out of more than 300 nominated projects 2012
- The Cultural Award for architecture 2012 – Icelandic newspaper DV
- The Icelandic Concrete Award 2012
- The Icelandic Heating, Ventilation and Sanitary Award 2012
- Best Performance Space Design Award 2011 – Travel&Leisure Magazine
- Nomination Best Cultural Building of the World 2011 – World Architecture Festival, Barcelona
- Harpa Plaza – the Best Public Nordic Space 2011 – Arkitekturmessan in Gothenburgh
- Wayshowing – IIIDAwards 2011
- Among the 10 best Concert Halls and Inspiring Structures of the Millennium – Gramophone magazine 2010
- World Architecture Award 2010