2.500 - 3.500 kr
Sunday 3rd April - 16:00
Rendezvous with Nino Rota, Igor Stravinsky, Chick Corea, Elena Kats-Chernin and Jóhann G. Jóhannsson.
An hour of a happy mixture of music:
- Russian Rag – for string quartet by Elena Kats-Chernin
- Songs by Jóhann G. Jóhannsson to the lyrics of Halldór Laxness and Þórarinn Eldjárn (arranged for soprano and chamber ensemble)
- Three Pieces for String Quartet by Igor Stravinsky
- Four pieces from Children’s Songs by Chick Corea (arranged for saxophone and string quartet by Ian Stewart).
- Rendezvous – short dances for violin, saxophone and marimba by Jóhann G. Jóhannsson
- Themes from Fellini’s films – music by Nino Rota (arranged for saxophone and string trio by Jóhann G. Jóhannsson)
The String Quartet:
Bryndís Pálsdóttir, violin
Hildigunnur Halldórsdóttir, violin
Herdís Anna Jónsdóttir, viola
Sigurður Halldórsson, cello
Sigurður Flosason, saxophones
Steef van Oosterhout, marimba
and a very special guest:
Sigrún Hjálmtýsdóttir (Diddú), soprano.
The ticket prices are as follows:
Sunday 3. April - 16:00
Norðurljós is a recital hall on Harpa’s second floor, situated between Eldborg and Silfurberg. It offers various possibilities for concerts, conferences, receptions and other events.